Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My garden

I can't believe how excited I am about my garden. I just planted it about two weeks ago and already things are blooming. I have green peppers, peas, broccoli, musclin,tomatoes, strawberries and several spots to add my herbs when they are ready. I have been growing the herbs in the house and it's so exciting to get up each morning and see in the kitchen window how much they have grown over night.
I don't know what it is about growing your own food but I have this feeling of accomplishment. I feel like I'm doing something important for my family. 
I'm doing a square foot garden. Each plant has it's own square foot and I didn't have to till the ground because it's on top of the ground in a box.
http://www.squarefootgardening.com/whatissfg This is a great site with lots of info on square foot gardening.
I really believe I get my love for gardening from my grandmother. She could grow anything anywhere. I hope she would be proud of me. My mom told me last week that of all of her children I am the most like my grandmother. She was big into genealogy and gardening and so am I. 
Let's hope my thumb is super green this year and everything grows in abundance. 

1 comment:

  1. YAY! good luck. can't wait to see how pretty it all looks in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete