Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Tori

Spring break is coming in 10 days. We weren't going to do anything special until my sister Tori called and invited us to come to Va. for the week. I don't think anyone can understand how huge this is! In my 11 years of marriage and her 17 years of marriage (excluding the year she lived in TN while Mike was in Korea) we have not really lived close enough to spend our vacations together. Now granted, Newport News isn't exactly close but it's so very much closer than Anchorage AK!! I was only able to visit Tori in Ak. one time for about a week. I wasn't able to take the family because it would be a couple thousand dollars to do so. Now, we can drive for about 12 hours and I can take the kids with me to spend time with their cousins. Tori and I have talked about this for such a long time. How one day we would be close enough that the kids would be able to know their cousins and how we were going to shop together and do home improvements together etc.
Tori is my best friend in the whole world. Well, besides Jason and my mom. I'm so excited to spend time with her and to have a relationship with my nieces and nephew. Granted things might not always be hunky dorey (sister's can get snotty)  but, for now it's the best thing ever. Love you Tori! See you soon.

1 comment:

  1. hooray for sisters. glad you both are enjoying the close proximity.

    ReplyDelete