Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Teenagers...


My sister Tori and her family are here for the holidays and are also making the move from Alaska to Va. They will be here until New Years. Right now She and Mike are in Va. trying to buy their first house. Mike's mom and I are taking turns watching their kids while they are away. I've had them all weekend and I think we've had some fun. Joseph is 12 and my boys have really enjoyed spending time with him, playing video games and monopoly. Lynn and Makenna are 16 and 10 and they have been spoiling Lauralynn rotten. She has been loving every minute of it.
However, teenagers are messy and they eat a lot! This house looks like a tornado went through it and they are completely oblivious to the disaster! Teenage boys don't like to bathe and when you tell them to they do a lousy job of it, therefore, they smell bad. You have to tell them how to shower step by step and to brush their teeth. I find it interesting that they are starting to like girls right at the time when the are the least clean and hygienic.
As for the food, holy cow! Six kids go through a lot of food! I'm seriously scared for my boys to turn 12. Tori did bring a bunch of food with her but I have been to the store a couple of times also. I don't think we could have afforded 6 kids. Three suits us just fine.
Now, on the positive side. I have so enjoyed having my nieces and nephew here. They are so funny! They are so good with my kids and we have done lots of fun stuff together. The girls helped me do lots of baking and we had a great time. Jason took all of the boys to a rock and mineral show and they had a good time. We've done lots of shopping and gone out to eat. I hope they have enjoyed themselves. I love having them here and I'm so glad they are going to be closer.


1 comment:

  1. heaven help me when we get to the teenage years around here!

    ReplyDelete