Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mekayla

Yesterday was my baby girl Mekayla's birthday. She would be 14 years old. She was stillborn. Mekayla had potters syndrome. That's when the baby doesn't develop kidney's or a bladder. They don't typically live outside of the womb. They are fine inside of the mother's womb because she can flush out their kidneys for them. Mekayla was due on the 23rd of November. I felt her die on the 27th and my doctor induced labor. I had her at 2:03 in the morning of the 28th. My labor was so easy. She only weighed 5lb. 14oz. I think that was such a blessing because I had already been through so much. Mekayla had black hair and her lips were scarlet red. She was so tiny and beautiful. I got to hold her as long as I wanted to. I'm so thankful my mom was there with me. And I'm thankful the spirit was there with us. It was a beautiful experience and I know with all of my heart and soul that we will be together again. I miss her so much and I wish she was here with us. I think she would have long dark hair and blue eyes and she would be athletic and have a beautiful smile. Having her and going through what I did with losing her has made me a stronger and better person. I look forward to being with her again one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment